News Spotlight: CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS)
CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) is now trading -4.26% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 42.59% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock changed -0.14% to recent value of $73.75. The stock transacted 13441233 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 6.33M shares. The company has 1.30B of outstanding shares and 1.30B shares were floated in the market.
Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- Total revenues increased 22.9% to $66.9 billion
- GAAP operating income increased to $3.0 billion
- Adjusted operating income (1) increased 1.3% to $3.8 billion
- GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations of $1.33
- Adjusted EPS (2) of $1.73
Full Year Highlights:
- Total revenues increased 32.0% to $256.8 billion
- GAAP operating income increased to $12.0 billion
- Adjusted operating income (1) increased 36.2% to $15.3 billion
- GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations of $5.08
- Adjusted EPS (2) of $7.08
- Generated cash flow from operations of $12.8 billion
- Net repayments of long-term debt of $4.7 billion
2020 Full Year Guidance:
- GAAP operating income in the range of $12.8 billion to $13.0 billion
- Adjusted operating income (1) in the range of $15.5 billion to $15.8 billion
- GAAP diluted EPS from continuing operations in the range of $5.47 to $5.60
- Adjusted EPS (2) in the range of $7.04 to $7.17
- Cash flow from operations in the range of $10.5 billion to $11.0 billion
On Feb. 12, 2020, CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS) disclosed operating results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2019.
As we work to transform the way health care is delivered to millions of Americans, we are driving continued business performance and generating positive momentum across the enterprise. Our fourth quarter and full-year financial results reflect strong financial and operational execution and a successful first year of integrating the Aetna business. We’re using our unmatched capabilities to create a higher-quality, simpler and more affordable health care experience, which benefits patients, clients and consumers and positions the company for continued success, said President and Chief Executive Officer Larry Merlo.
Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained -113.40% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 2.88%. CVS has a gross margin of 36.80% and an operating margin of 4.20% while its profit margin remained 1.80% for the last 12 months.
According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 0.9 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of 2.40% from the mean of 20 days, 0.72% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed 16.21% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was 4.55%, 1.36% for month and YTD performance remained -0.73%.