Stock News Spotlight: Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. (NASDAQ:CWCO)
Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. (NASDAQ:CWCO) spotted trading -35.53% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 0.41% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock changed -22.38% to recent value of $12.14. The stock transacted 145267 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 62.43K shares. The company has 15.34M of outstanding shares and 14.32M shares were floated in the market.
On March 16, 2020, Consolidated Water Co. Ltd. (NASDAQ:CWCO) a leading developer and operator of advanced water supply and treatment plants, reported results for the year ended December 31, 2019. All annual comparisons are to the previous year unless otherwise noted.
2019 Financial Highlights
- Revenue increased 5% to a record $68.8 million, driving gross profit up 6% to $28.3 million.
- Net income attributable to stockholders increased 8% to a record $12.2 million or $0.80 per diluted share.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $42.9 million at December 31, 2019.
- Paid $5.1 million in dividends in 2019.
- 2019 Operational Highlights
- Expanded the company’s product offerings and presence in the U.S. by acquiring a controlling interest in PERC Water Corporation, an innovative water infrastructure company, in October.
- Completed the sale of CW-Belize to the company’s government-controlled Belize customer for $7.0 million in February.
- Generated a gain on asset dispositions of approximately $445,000 primarily from the sale of CW-Bali in June.
- Continued to advance the development project in Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico involving the construction and operation of a major seawater desalination plant and distribution pipeline. Designed to produce 100 million gallons per day of potable water, the plant is expected to be the largest of its kind in the Western Hemisphere and a major, much-needed new source of drinking water for the coastal region of Baja California for at least 37 years.
Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained 122.60% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 8.00%. CWCO has a gross margin of 40.70% and an operating margin of 13.50% while its profit margin remained 19.20% for the last 12 months.
According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 13.4 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of -29.13% from the mean of 20 days, -28.99% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed -23.06% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was -23.55%, -34.87% for month and YTD performance remained -25.52%.