Today, we will discuss What Are The Top 5 Natural Resources? Homo sapiens are dominantly dependent on these resources and later turn them into things that are wanted or needed.
But, nothing should be taken away from the earth in bulk. Isn’t it so? Otherwise, there will be a day sooner or later, when our mother nature won’t be able to supply these natural resources. That’s the reason why is it always advised not to waste any of them.
Also Read: Top 5 Facts About Alaska
What Are The Top 5 Natural Resources?
There are several natural resources on earth. However, the following is the list of such five most important ones.
This is one of the most significant things which we need to stay alive. Well, our planet earth does have water in abundance. Everyone is well aware of the fact that the earth is covered with 72% of water. It is pretty much needed not only for drinking purposes but also for our foods to grow with its help. Moreover, our body is also comprised of a much quantity of water. Even though it is quite prevalent on earth, 90% of water is salty and the remaining 10% is for drinking.
It is another most important natural resource on earth that we need in this modern way of living. Why? Each of the manufacturing industries is dependent on petroleum products. You will be surprised to know that several wars have been fought for this resource just like previously it was for gold. In this 21st century, people have been facing challenges because of concerns about the depletion of oil reserves.
This natural resource is highly known for generating heat. Like water, it is pretty much abundant on earth. Not to forget to mention that in the United States, there lies no requirement to import coal just like the other natural resources. It’s not just this country, but also India, China and the United Kingdom that have a sufficient amount of coal if compared to any other resources.
Can you imagine the earth without the forestry industry? It is next to impossible. Canada serves as a great example of this, being highly dependent on this sector. It provides a habitat for numerous creatures. Moreover, it also delivers us the things starting from the paper we write on to the lumber that helps in building our homes. Everything we use in our daily lives comes nowhere but from trees. Most importantly, forests provide clean air. As long as the sector is managed efficiently and properly, it is a renewable industry for sure.
At present, humanity is more dependent on petroleum products as discussed earlier. However, Iron has always been the most important natural resource, especially before the arrival of this modern age. Starting from forging weapons to building proper usable transportation, iron is used. Similarly, steel also plays an important role in the same.
Don’t Waste But Save!